Monday, April 23, 2012

Wheh! My First Afghan is Done!!

I've been working non-stop on this pretty afghan since the beginning of February. I actually started it last summer and worked on it for just a little bit before life got in the way. I got started on it again to finish it in time for a birthday present for my mom. She is a knitter too....and I've found over the years knitters tend to knit for everyone else except themselves. So I thought she would love having someone knit something for her :) I knit the large afghan....and it's really big.....I think I may knit one for me someday...but the smaller size would be plenty big enough.
I found the pattern online...and for the life of me I can't remember where????? But it's really easy....the pattern goes fast and it's not hard to remember.
All you need is 40 oz. 4 ply worsted weight yarn for a large afghan. Here are the directions: For a large afghan cast on 210 sts, for a small one cast on 144 sts. Pattern is a multiple of 11 sts. + 1. Row 1: K1, *yo, k3, k2tog, k2tog, k3, yo, k1. Repeat from * to end. Row 2: Purl Row 3: Knit Repeat rows 1-3 until desired length. I'm linking up to Hope Studios Tutorial Linky Party....Go on over and check it out.

******Okay. I am writing this post and blogger is all new and different and I don't think I like it :( When I typed the directions out for the afghan they are listed with a space in between each row....and are easy to follow. When I previewed it they are now like that and I can't figure out why???? Sorry :( Anyone else having trouble??? Do you like it??????*********

5 comments:

Aisling said...

10 years later my first Afghan still isn't finished, hmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

What an accomplishment--and it looks gorgeous.
I just posted about how much I hate the new blogger layout. HATE. It.

Jennifer Juniper said...

I switched back to the old blogger after about 2 hours of new blogger.

Love the blankie!

Wendy said...

It turned out gorgeous! Nicely done!!!!!

Joy Beadworks said...

you are amazing! this is beautiful!