Friday, January 27, 2012

Favorite Friday



I am on an official smoothie kick over here and they are my Friday Favorite!! My sister in law and niece have been making them religiously for years...I got Cindylou a little smoothie recipe book for her Easter basket a few years ago because since she didn't like to cook or bake, I thought maybe she could make smoothies in the kitchen?? But they didn't catch on...Until this past week. I have been making protein shakes on a regular basis....just mixing my protein dust with skim milk or unsweetened almond milk...but I decided to ramp it up a bit.

I've been putting a banana, a few berries, my FAVORITE Dannon vanilla greek yougurt and a splash or two of orange juice in the blender, and topping it off with a scoop of protein dust.




YuUUUUUUUUUUUMMMM! They really fill you up.....I'm sure there are a few more calories in there that I would rather not know about, but I'm so loving them. Do you have a smoothie recipe you can share???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're mad for smoothies--and if the boys don't know there's yogurt in them, they love them, too. I just toss in frozen fruit, vanilla yogurt and honey.