Friday, November 25, 2011

Favorite Friday




Happy Black Friday!!! Can you believe the Treatgirl doesn't do it?? For starters, I'm usually out of town, and I generally have a majority of my shopping done by now... I know so much of it is online these days....but the Treatgirl just http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifisn't into it?? But what I AM into are these pumpkin cookies!!!! They are THE.BEST!!!! And to think I almost didn't make them! I have made several things to take along the past few weeks and put in the freezer...The day before we were to leave for our Thanksgiving holiday was of course crazy...and I didn't start making my last minute things in the chicken until almost 7pm....well, at 10:30pm I was exhausted and hadn't started the cookies :( I considered calling it quits and saving them until next year. Well, I took a deep breath and got going...and I'm so glad I DID! They are perfect. The cream cheese frosting is scrumptious! I found the recipe on Pinterest....scroll down to see the original post which includes the recipe. I have to warn you, they are THAT good....one last hur-rah for pumpkin this fall season. Many blessings to all of you!!!!

*****Warning!!! This recipe makes a TON of cookies!!!! I lost count, but I think well over 4 dozen******



Pumpkin Cookies:

Combine:
1 Cup Shortening (I used butter)
3 Cups Sugar
Add:
2 eggs
Mix in:
1 large can pumpkin (30 ounces)
Now add:
1 tsp. vanilla
5 cups flour
And then add:
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Now, bake @ 350 for about 10-12 minutes. Let cool & then ice using the following Cream Cheese icing.

Cream Cheese Icing:

Combine:
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
Gradually mix in: 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 comment:

Barbara said...

These were so very YUMMMMM!!!! :) Thank you for staying up late to bring them. :D