Sunday, October 30, 2011

Snow??? In October?!



Snow??....yep! They were calling for a dusting yesterday morning. Well it was more than that! Cub woke up and I heard him rattling the blinds in his room and the report that it was snowing out. He and his Braves football team had their divisional playoff game that afternoon, and never did we think it would be so snowy and cold!!!! Cub was a captain for the team.....number 31.



The field was under 2" of the white stuff and it was still coming down at game time.



These pictures do not convey how terribly cold and then wet, the boys were. It was so bitter for them....They played their very hardest and it was a great game. They held the other team to just 6 points...but ended up losing 0-6. Another Superbowl this year wasn't meant to be. But we had a great season and made a ton of wonderful memories.



We carved our pumpkins and they were peeking out into the snowflakes too....



This just doesn't look right.



I took these pictures early in the morning...we ended up with a bunch before it was over.



And this is crazy.....here is an old picture I found of Cindylou and T. from when they were babies. I spent a month or two knitting them these cute little matching sweaters and hats. Unfortunately the day we went to the pumpkin patch it was 82 degrees!! I put the sweaters on them just for a quick picture...a big contrast to this snowy fall weekend :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THat's WISCONSIN playoff weather! Good grief!!!

Jennifer Juniper said...

It's crazy, isn't it? I keep playing "what if" in my head about our game. I guess I need to let it go and pack up football for another year :(