Wednesday, July 27, 2011

U2



U2 360tour. The final stop of U2's 2 year, 60 show tour was in Pittsburgh last night....and it couldn't have been a more perfect night! The weather was amazing and the 60,000 fans at Heinz field were ready to ROCK! Chip and I have had our tickets for months and this was one truly one of the highlights of my summer. We have friends that we go to lots of concerts with and they hooked us up with terrific seats in the club level, as well as planned a limo ride for us too! Look at how excited I am :) I couldn't sleep for two nights...getting up at 4:30 a.m. two days in a row. I felt so giddy!!




My husband Chip's great friend was picking me up at our house at 2 p.m. to go to his house were the pre-party was and where the limo was picking us up. Well, a few weeks ago Chip put two and two together and realized he made plans to travel for business and wouldn't be arriving in Pittsburgh until almost 5pm. I couldn't believe it! How could he not remember we were going to the concert that night???! Anyhoo...when the phone rang I could tell by the ring he had missed his flight and sure enough he did!!! I freaked a bit, but recovered nicely...consoling myself that I wasn't going to miss out on any fun :) So here I am with our other friend Pat....who by the way claimed me as his date a few nights earlier when the boys had their "planning meeting" at a local watering hole.....looks like his premonition was right!



Well, here you can see my Hubs Chip finally showed up about a 1/2 hour before show time....so date night with Pat was now over :) And hubs was trying hard to catch up on all the fun he had been missing out on.



Look at how crazy the stage and sound systems are????????? It was truly unreal how cool everything was. This picture doesn't do it justice.



Here we are when we just got through the gates. I couldn't wait for the concert to start.



Look how cool it is....the energy and excitement were amazing. They played tons of great stuff and we didn't sit down all night.



The night flew by....by the memories will last forever!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

am jealous! I haven't gone to a concert in AGES!

Wendy said...

How fun! Sounds like a great night, and I'm so glad Chip made it in time!

Saucy said...

I'm glad you went. I was supposed to meet Veto in Winnipeg for their stop in May. At the last minute it looked like it was going to rain and be especially cold (Canada in May... duh!) so I decided not to hop the plane and meet up with him. He went with our friends on his own and said it was great, but VERY cold. With the arthritis, it would have surely taken me down. I hope they come around again soon!!! Thanks for sharing it!