Friday, April 29, 2011

Favorite Friday






I'm sooooo into the Royal Wedding and it will consume my Friday! I know it may sound corny to many of you....but I'm a hopeless romantic and I just can't get enough of it. I watched Diana's wedding live 30 years ago, and I plan on watching every minute of Will and Kate's live today. When I graduated from college my parents even gave me a replica of her engagement ring....a beautiful blue sapphire encircled with diamonds.

Princess Diana was someone I truly admired....her grace, style and beauty, the woman and mother she became, the enormous amount of compassion she had. I was devastated when she died in a car crash in a tunnel in Paris. My heart ached when I watched her funeral....seeing her two boys walk behind her on the way to The Abbey.

I want to watch the wedding to see how happy they will be....to see them exchange their vows...to know they have found true love. Congratulations Will and Kate!!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Ok, I admit, I'm not that into it..., not enough to get up at 4 to watch anyway :) But as I sit here watching the replay on BBC and see all of the excitement surrounding the event; It makes me believe that this wedding, amongst all the pain and hurt going on in the world is a very public, wonderful sign of excitement, happiness and love. And that.... well it just makes me smile!

Blogs said...

they are so pretty! i don't watch it or read about it but i hope you enjoy it doll! xo

Anonymous said...

This bride is worlds different, isn't she? Very exciting, no matter what side of the Atlantic you watch it from!

Cat said...

I am so guilty of letting the Royal Wedding consume me too! But, after a weekend of googling the heck out of Kate and William, I have got most of it out of my system :)

xx Cat brideblu