Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Snowman Tree



I've been kicking this idea around for a while now...and this year I really did it. I know hubs thinks I'm nuts and have waaaaay too many ornaments. But that's the point...at our old house we had a 9 foot tree and I had plenty of room for all of my treasured ornaments. When we moved I had to downsize to a regular 7 1/2 ft. tree. Every year I have to be choosy about which ones I could put on...leaving so many in the box because there wasn't enough room.



Over the past few years I've assessed that I have a looooot of snowmen ornaments, and because I love them all so much I thought I would get them their very own tree. That would free up a lot of space on my main tree, so I can now get all of my ornaments out every year.



My dad and I have an annual tradition of him driving me around the morning after Christmas to hit a few sales really early. Usually he drops me at Target and goes over to Panera to get bagels for everyone for breakfast. Well after Target this year we rode around to try and find a pencil tree on clearance. I scored on one and I was sooo happy! So after I took down all of the Christmas decorations, the very next morning I put up my snowman tree. I loooooooove it!! I always miss the glow of our tree when the holidays are over, so now I will enjoy it longer. What a winter treat!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

It's beautiful! I love the little smores ornament!

Anonymous said...

SCORE! I luff it!