Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Knit-mas!!!!!!



The Treatgirl has been very busy over here...most of my gifts were handknit. I have a big bin of yarn in my craft room with the leftovers from projects over the years. When I was away with my Soul Sisters last month we visited a little town for the day that actually has two yarn shops in it....that's pretty crazy....but, I got on a knitting roll after that weekend and haven't stopped. But as a challenge to myself, I wanted to only use yarn that I had. So I got creative...



I knit some scarves.....who knew I had so much red yarn??? I love knitting just a little scarf. I like doing them on a bigger needle, like a size 11 or so....they are quick and easy...I keep them shorter and wear them all day...even in the house.



Well, this one I actually bought the yarn for...but used all 40% off coupons at Michaels...so it was really reasonable. It took me almost all of Cub's football season, knitting at most practices...to knit this sweater for my SIL. It's a big surprise for her. I hope she likes it.



And how cute is this scrappy hat? I look at it and can see all of the different projects I knit with the yarn I used....



These are the fingerless gloves I knit for my Soul Sisters to help keep them toasty warm this winter. And check out my post from yesterday to see the A.DOR.ABLE candy cane cozies I whipped up too. I started with just a few and ended up making over 30 of them! I think I'm going to take a little break and eat a few cookies now :) Have a very Merry Christmas bloggy friends!! Many blessings to you all and best wishes for a happy and healthy new year.

1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

That sweater turned out fantastic, and I love my fingerless gloves!!!