Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Swore I Would NEVER Do This AGAIN!



Here is Cindylou 13 years ago with her very first goldfish..."Goldie"...one of countless many to follow. We've won them at carnivals as far away as Buffalo and brought them home from science class. Was I the only mom that agreed to that?? After the last one was finally flushed a few years ago I gave the bowl to my Goodwill and said NEVER AGAIN!



Well, I guess I was smoking crack because she talked me into it AGAIN!!! It all started last weekend when my dad was down and he was taking the kiddos for chinese and to the festival at the church in our town. They called to ask if they could try and win a goldfish. I was out to dinner and had a few cocktails and said sure.....not thinking they would win one.



Well, they didn't. The game this year gave away a stuffed animal and not a fish. Well, Cubby was sooooooo upset, because he's never had a fish. After church the next morning Cindylou conned Chip into stopping at Petco and getting a full blown aquarium, complete with pebbles, a filter and bamboo!! I intercepted them in the garage before it actually came in the house and worked out a plea deal that they could each get a bowl with a fish.



So later in the day I took them up to the store and they tried talking me into three fish each...but I bargained them down to two....not easy....and it was really exhausting!



So here is Cubby's bowl, which I actually had to exchange the next day because he couldn't see his fish in it because of the rounded sides. He kept dragging the stool over and peering in the top.



And Cindylou got hers all settled in.



They talked me into keeping them in their rooms instead of the kitchen where they had always been parked in previous years....




Cub named his Leo, which is a girl???? And Steeler which it the yellow and black one. So far so good....but I'm digging my heels in for the guinea pig debate!!

6 comments:

Blogs said...

soooo fun.....i always say i wont do things again and do them...it's a motherly thing:)

Wendy said...

Oh I hated when Sassy had fish ~ I was always the one cleaning the tank. Yuck. Now Action wants a hampster. Let me think a moment. UMmm, NO.

Southern Belle Mama said...

It'll be a guinea pig...then a cat...then a dog and perhaps a horse. You're on the fast track to housing your very own zoo. ;) Just kidding! You're a sweet mom for letting the kiddos get their very own fishy pet!

Deanna said...

That reminds me - I need to go feed my kids' fish since they're away at flip flop camp! Such a cute picture of little Cindy Lou!

Joy Beadworks said...

What is it with fish? My oldest son has been wanting one too. I told him he had to get his summer book report done, and then we could do some research online. I'm hoping the enthusiasm dissipates.

mom of 4 boys! said...

Do not get a guinea pig!!!! We have 2 and while they are ok, they stink. Before I agreed on the pigs, I asked other pig owners if they stink and NOONE said yes. So, I thought, OK. I have a pretty sniffy nose. Well, I'm here to say they stink. Miss ya!