Monday, May 24, 2010

Creamy Chicken Penne



This a quick and easy little recipe I thought I'd share with you...my family really liked it and it takes just about 20 minutes to put together. Here is what you need:

2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 pkg. (6 oz.) snow peas
1 small red pepper, chopped
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. flour
1-1/2 cups milk
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup grated romano cheese
1 Tbsp. fresh, chopped parsley

Here's how to make it:

Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook chicken and onions in hot oil in a large skillet for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is done...stirring frequently. Add snow peas, red pepper and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.

Melt butter in medium saucepan. Stir in flour until well blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil; cook on medium heat 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add cream cheese, grated cheese, salt and black pepper; cook 1-2 minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly.

Drain pasta; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture and sauce; toss to coat and top with parsley.

8 comments:

1 Funky Woman said...

Yummy! I think this is what my husband meant to cook last night but no go! I'm going to copy this and set it out for him to see, thanks!

Anonymous said...

I bet this is really creamy-good.

Barbara said...

Seems like everyone found this recipe at the same time. lol. My mom found it friday and i saw a few people post it on facebook as well. lol. We havent had it yet but I bet it is going to be really good!

Jennifer Juniper said...

This sounds good! My sister in law makes something similar with cream of mushroom soup, milk, and a jar of diced roasted red peppers for the sauce, but the cream cheese sounds divine!

Me and My Pink Mixer said...

Yum - what a great weeknight meal. Definitely trying this soon ~ thanks for the recipe!

Deanna said...

Looks delish! I could totally eat that right now for breakfast!

Judy@cutest-little-things.blogspot.com said...

Looks fantastic!!! Bet it tasted just as good!

Judy@cutest-little-things

Wendy said...

Looks delish!!! AND you should really come over and visit....WE HAVE A WINNER!