Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowstorm



Hey.....they're calling this the fourth biggest storm to hit Pittsburgh since the late 1800's....For Real???? Hard to believe....we got about 20" where I live...and then the next biggest storm in history dumped 15".....ummmmmm...where I'm from in Buffalo we can get that kinda stuff in the blink of an eye....school isn't even cancelled! I loooooooove a good snowstorm.....We stayed home and it was great....the snow fell non-stop all night......here is a peek out my front door.



Here is a picture of our deck about 4 p.m. on Friday....it had just started to snow....



Then here it is at 8 a.m. Saturday morning....Wowza! We got almost double what they were calling for. I was just saying we'd probably only end up with 3".....they have the tendency to exagerate the snowfall potential around here. The news channels have the "Storm Tracker"...and "Severe Weather Advisory" when it is just a flurry...



Look at the front of my house!!!! It's so pretty!!



Here's Chip with our little snowblower digging us out. He travels quite a bit for work these days....so I was REALLY happy he was home with us...and to help me shovel :)



The plow didn't make it down our street until almost 4 p.m. on Saturday...by this point all of us neighbors had helped our street dig out our driveways, plan a potluck dinner and were drinking beer. Then the plow came by and it was another hour of shoveling to clean out the end of the driveway. But it was all good.......my YMCA was closed so being out shovelling was a great cardio workout! I couldn't get enough.....I was outside from 8:30-12...then again from 1 until 5......in the afternoon the sun broke out and it felt just like Colorado...bright blue skies and deep, deep powder. I'm already looking forward to the next one :)

2 comments:

Southern Belle Mama said...

Beautiful!! You guys got a lot...I thought we had a lot last week with 6 inches, but it's nothing compared to yours. Enjoy your snowy days!!

Anonymous said...

Dang. I bet the dump trucks are working overtime getting that snow moved.