Saturday, February 13, 2010

17 years ago today....



......I got married!!!! I can't believe it's been 17 years!!!!! Wowza! I can remember it all like it just happened yesterday.....even the thought going through my mind, "Wow, this is just like the day of my prom.....it's going by so fast!"



I wanted our pictures taken out in the snow.....shocker! 'Cause you all know how much I looooove it! It was like the set of a movie.....just a few beautiful flakes falling down to make it pretty. You can see a few flakes scattered on the shoulder and sleeve of Chip's tuxedo. Can you believe I married an 8th grader???? Doesn't he look sooooo young???! Oh, and for the record I've only had bangs one other time since then....and can you believe I just had them put in again this week??!! I didn't even know I was going to.....I think it was kinda a mis-communication...oh well...I'm sure I'll go nuts with them at the gym, but they'll grow.....




I decided to get my dress out of the attic.....It's been hanging in a bag ever since our wedding day. I surprise my own self because I never had it cleaned and preserved. I've seen some girls on their blogs that try their dress on every year on their anniversary. This is my first time.....for a long time I knew it wouldn't fit. I weigh the same amount now as I did when I got married....but I think the dress is a little big on me....I think my boobs are smaller :(. When I twirled around for Cubby he said, "That's just what I thought a real princess would like!"



My favorite part of the dress is the fur cuffs......



This is the purse I used for the rehearsal dinner and my big day....I still use it every year on my anniversary/Valentine's Day......so you know I'll be busting it out tonight!



I treasure these earrings.....I will wear these tonight as well.....as I do every year. I just looooove that our anniversary falls on a Saturday this year....as it did when we were married. Well.....off to drink some champagne and get ready for dinner....And there will be more hearts and romance tomorrow for Valentine's Day! Yeah!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!You BOTH look like 8th graders! And I am shocked you didn't have your dress cleaned and perserved! I didn't either... but everyone could have guessed that;)! Enjoy your beautiful day!!
Tam

Joy Beadworks said...

Hey there! I love the photos! Yes, you both look like 8th graders! I had my dress cleaned and put into a box, and now I'm afraid to open it. I wish I had just left it hanging. Happy Anniversary!

Wendy said...

One word ~ BEAUTIFUL! Hope you had a wonderful Anniversary!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I actually laughed out loud when I saw Chip - he really does look like a a teenager! And you look as beautiful as the day you were married. I'm not going to lie, my dress was a bit tight...