Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What is it Wednesday????




This Wednesday I'm featuring the jar I got T. for his birthday last week....He put it on his desk and filled it with money. We are saving all of our change for our family dream trip to Hawaii. Chip and I went there on our honeymoon almost 17 years ago...and now we all want to go back as a family. We're not sure quite when...we've been hoping he'd win a trip at work...he's been very close....but it hasn't happened yet :( Chip travels 4-5 days a week and stays in Marriots all the time, so we're hoping to use all of the Marriot points toward our hotel....Anywhoo...my mom got T. a digital coin counter for Christmas and he has exactly $100 dollars saved up so far. Actually, I'm the one who contributes the most. I add all of the change I find around the house, in the cars and the dryer. I really just started at the end of the summer....so we were all happy to see how just the quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies we don't even miss can really add up...and the jar isn't even half full.So, why not get a jar and start saving today for something you really want.....what would it be????? Leave me a little comment and let me know....

7 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I would save for a trip, too. It's going to take a lot of quarters to get to Hawaii, but it will be worth the wait!

Joy Beadworks said...

We are planning a familiy trip to Hawaii too! It's marked "someday" on the calendar! It's amazing how quickly those cions add up!

Deanna said...

I'm anxious to get to the Oregon and California coasts - see the Redwoods again and the Oregon Dunes and all the quaint little towns along the coast.

Wendy said...

Lovely idea. At this point I would go anywhere warm.

Southern Belle Mama said...

I would be saving for the money to adopt from China. It's been a dream of mine and my husband's, so that's definitely what we would do. I think I may start one! :)

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

We do the same thing! We used our jar money for most of our meals this past Florida vacation! My husband puts whatever he has in his pocket at the end of the day and just like you-I get a lot of it from the laundry! Love those quarters! I hope your Hawaii comes sooner than later!
~Nancy

Anonymous said...

My husband does this--it paid for our Disney vacation 2years ago. Now we're saving for a camping trip this year!