Sunday, January 31, 2010

SnowBuddies



I first saw this little SnowBuddy when I was away on the Soul Sisters Weekend Smackdown. He was in the window of a little knitting shop. I went in to investigate, and the lady said they were all out of the pattern, but she could take my name and number and call me if she got more in. I declined, thinking I would come across it at some point....



...And I did!! My mom sent a me a mail order catalog she received a few weeks ago and they had a kit for the whole family. I ordered it on the spot and it came a few days later. I was busy all last week working on them. If you can believe....I knit all of the "Buddies" in just two days.....then it took me almost FIVE evenings to do all of their miniature accessories. I thought they would take me a night!! They range in size from four inches to about seven inches and I am just so happy and proud of they way they turned out. I did make one change.....the pattern called for doing their eyes and buttons in french knots.....but I thought to use these itty, bitty buttons I had seen at Joanne's. And for the record....I think they look way cuter then the ones I saw in the yarn shop last fall....just sayin'.

8 comments:

Joy Beadworks said...

WAAAY Cuter! These are so sweet! You are amazing!

Wendy said...

Sooooo CUTE! Nicely DONE!

Denise @ Life on Stepping Stone Lane said...

Good job!! Very cute!

Deanna said...

I love them! You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Those are too darling! Well-knit!

Lisa Russell said...

Very nice! Wishin' now I knew how to knit!

stephanie h said...

absolutely adorable!

Judy@cutest-little-things.blogspot.com said...

You knit those?!? SO cute!!!! Ack! I love them!!

Judy@cutest-little-things