Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cream of Potato Soup



It has been frigid in my neck of the woods for several weeks now.....and I have been in the mood for soup. My sister in law gave me this recipe 14 years ago and it's been a favorite ever since. Sorry this isn't the greatest picture.....I made this for dinner and it was already dark at 5 pm and it didn't turn out that great :(

So if you're looking for a quick and easy soup for a chilly night....gather your ingredients and get busy.....

3 c. chicken broth
1 c. chopped onions
3 c. chopped potatoes
1 tsp. dried dill weed.....ummmm, I looove dill! So I think I used about a Tablespoon.
4 T. butter
5 T. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 cups milk

In a large saucepan combine chicken broth, onion, potatoes and dill weed. Bringto a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.

In another saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until mixture is thick and bubbly. Add to the broth, onions and potatoes. Stir and simmer just a bit more. Enjoy with some delicious bread.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Sounds so yummy! - just what I was craving!

Southern Belle Mama said...

This looks delicious! I'll have to bookmark this recipe to try soon! :)

Lisa Russell said...

This looks SO good, especially during these cold, cold days/nights!

Anonymous said...

This looks easy, too. I may buy some broth tomorrow!