Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chef Cindylou Makes Dinner



Tonight was the night Cindylou made our family dinner for her food lab class in school. She had to choose the menu, make a list of ingredients, cook from all food groups, plan out a schedule, take a picture (see above) and write down the recipes for everything.....oh, and help clean up the kitchen :) She chose fruit salad, chicken fajitas and mexican rice, and brownies.....making a dessert was an additional 10 points extra credit.

About 3:30 p.m. I mentioned that she may want to get started on things...maybe bake the brownies awhile....she was like, "What??, It's not even dinner time yet"....of course she was laying on the couch watching iCarly....an episode I have even seen 5 times.

I was nice and defrosted the chicken this morning and sliced it into strips, because I knew that would freak her out. She made the fruit salad and brownies. And had just a tiny bit of help with the fajitas and rice. She learned that when you cut onions they really do make you cry....she thought I had been kidding about this. It was great to sit down and be served too! I felt like we were in a restaurant. Cubby even announced we didn't have to call "991" ....as he calls it :) I could get used to this......maybe she would be willing to take on making dinner one night on the weekend every week.... We'll see :)

5 comments:

GerberaGirl said...

Wow...very impressive. Please tell CindyLou she did a fantastic job!!!

Anonymous said...

That's some menu! I'm impressed at her!

Wendy said...

Looks yummy! Nicely done CindyLou!

Michele P. said...

that looks yummy! very nicely done, I can only hope when my 8 yr old gets a bit older she will cook like that for us!

Joy Beadworks said...

It's incredible how the kids can come through when they need to! Yes, I'm all in favor of the kids making dinner once a week...I won't even complain if it's mac n cheese!