Thursday, November 19, 2009

Working Hard on Being Thankful



We've been busy over here being thankful....Cubby has been hard at work on picking the cards out of Thankful Jar this week. Yesterday he picked two out. The first one said he was thankful for his siblings....and the suggestion was to do something nice for them. So he decided to organize their rooms for them while they were at school. Ummm...let's just say they weren't very thankful for what he did! Then he picked the one that said we were thankful for turkeys. And he proceeded to get out all of his crafty stuff to make our little art project.



He thought it needed just a "wittle gwitter" on the feathers.



And yes....another heirloom art project was complete! :)




Today we were thankful for our kitchen. We made these yummy pumpkin muffins before he left for kindergarten. I can't include the recipe because they were from a box....I know my soul sister Marzipan would never even consider such a thing...but it worked for us this morning! And he was soooo proud to offer them to the big kids after school. Soon we will be out of cards....and then we've decided to fill the jar with other things we are thankful for and read them at dinner on Thanksgiving.....tell me.....what are a few things you are thankful for????

4 comments:

Deanna said...

You're a great mom and role model for your kids! They should be mostly thankful for you! I'm ok with the boxed muffins BTW - they look yummy -and great if you're short on time which I know you have been lately!

Anonymous said...

How clever! This weekend my sons have to make their thankful pictures to bring to grandma's for Thanksgiving. I'm thankful we're all healthy.

Jennifer Juniper said...

My kids are thankful for Nintendo ds...we need to talk.

Wendy said...

Oh, my kids love their thankful jar too! Funny, I was going to do a post very soon about how well its going! Cute turkey! What a great mom you are!