Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie with Caramel Sauce



Pumpkin. If you're anything like the treatgirl....I'm still lovin' anything pumpkin over here....I'm not even CLOSE to getting sick of it yet, if ever. So here is just one more yummy.yum.yum pumpkin recipe for you. I found this one in my beloved Kitchen Aid cookbook that a dear friend surprised me with this past summer....I keep toying with the idea of doing a Julie/Julia thing with it.....maybe trying a new recipe every week....we'll see....every recipe in it is better than the next......anywho.....I made this yesterday and it was soooooo good!! My family thought it came from a restaurant!??? And super.duper.easy.peasy!!!! Here's the receipe:

Pie:
25 gingersnap cookies, finely crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
2 Tablespoons granulated suger
4 cups pumpkin ice cream, softened (about 1 quart)

Caramel Sauce:
1 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 cup whipping cream
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecans...chopped

1. Coat 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. For crust, combine cookie crumbs, melted butter and granulated sugar in medium bowl; mix well. Press ontobottom and side of prepared pie plate. Bake 8 minutes.Cool completely on wire rack.
3. Fill crust with ice cream; smooth top. Cover and freeze 1 hour.
4. For sauce.......ummmmmmm I have to confess.....I didn't make the caramel sauce...I had a jar of it in my fridge and I just used that! :) Even easier!!!....but if you want to make your own, go for it... Whisk brown sugar, cream, unsalted butter, corn syrup and salt in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until suger dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; boil 1 minute without stirring. Remove from heat and cool.
5. Cut pie into pieces; top with caramel sauce and chopped peacan.

This will surely get rave reviews and become a family favorite.

6 comments:

Joy Beadworks said...

OOH, you are more of a chef than you pretend to be. This looks yummy.

Deanna said...

Believe it or not, I have never tried pumpkin ice cream. This looks great!

beth said...

sounds delish! anything that uses gingersnaps can't be bad, right? the new layout looks great!

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in to say hi! This looks just delightful! I loveeee pumpkin!

Anonymous said...

Slurp! that must be super good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks- I was looking for the recipe for gingersnap pie crust! It's so good! Karen