Tuesday, August 25, 2009

making bread over here.....



I CAN'T believe how easy it was!!!!!! Ever since I got Minnie....I've been wanting to try to make bread....but the whole yeast thing has seemed soooo intimidating. The only thing I would do different would be to not divide the dough in half...apparently my loaf pans are way bigger than normal because there wasn't enough dough for two loaves...but it was soooo good!!



A few weeks ago a dear friend of mine surprised me with a little treat...a cookbook.....Kitchen Aid ...Baking Companion...I have it pictured here with Minnie. Let me tell you...EVERY recipe in it looks FAB.U.LOUS. I was seriously considering doing a Julie/Julia thing over here and make something everyday...but I would truly be as big as a house. So I've decided to start out with the bread section....and there will be many more posts to follow with other scrumptious baked goodies....thanks again to my friend.....I will treasure it forever!!

7 comments:

Denise @ Life on Stepping Stone Lane said...

I have that same cookbook!! I haven't made anything out of it yet but I am now inspired to try it out!!

Bragarmar said...

I must spend a day with you to learn your secrets - I so can not accomplish what you do with my 24 hours!

Anonymous said...

I may have to find a copy of that cookbook.

sassy said...

I have a great 15 minute pizza dough that is fool proof-I am a bread a holic!
love the lucch bag---sooo girly glam!

Joy Beadworks said...

I seriously need a Minnie...look at what you are spinning out over there!

Judy@cutest-little-things.blogspot.com said...

I wouldn't want to imagine life without my Kitchen Aid!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thanks for visiting the blog and I hope you come by often. Be sure and check out the Knock off party today and I have a new one starting Wed-Celebrate the Holidays all about seasonal decorating and tasty treats.
Cheri