Monday, August 10, 2009

Cucumber Dill Salad



Well...here we go with another salad! Who knew I made so many????? I found this one at Cooks.com .....I brought it to a family picnic yesterday and it went over very well....so I thought I would share it with you. My mother in law makes a similar one and she mentioned I didn't put any onion in it. The recipe doesn't call for it....but she looooves to put onion in everything. Here's the recipe if you have a bunch of cucumbers.

4 med. cucumbers....I actually used 6
1 1/2 c. dairy sour cream
1 sm. clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp. salad oil
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. dill weed...and this is TOTALLY not enough!! I must have put about about 3or 4 Tablespoons in.

Pare cucumbers and slice thinly into large bowl. Stir together remaining ingredients except dill weed; pour over cucumbers and toss lightly. Sprinkle with dill weed. Cover and chill. Just before serving, toss carefully. 8-10 servings.

5 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I'm going to have to change your name to The Salad Girl!

Denise @ Life on Stepping Stone Lane said...

That LOOKS good, I just wish I liked cucumbers!

mom of 4 boys! said...

I can personally attest to this salad. I grew up on it being from a Ukrainian household. My grandfather lived with us for many years growing up, and cucumber dill salad was a staple in our home. Yummy Yum Yum!!!

Deanna said...

Mark's grandma put very thinly sliced onions in hers too. I would always pick around the onions, but I'm sure it added a little different flavor to the cucumbers. Keep comin' with the salad ideas! They're so great for summer!

3rdEyeMuse said...

you couldn't possibly share too many salads ... ever ... this one sounds pretty good. :)