Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Twitter??!!



Okay.........I got sucked in!!! I've been chewing on it for a few weeks now and I couldn't resist to give it a try. Cubby has been away all week and I'm missing him terribly so I thought I'd play around on the computer SOME MORE!!! I really didn't want to get wrapped up in the whole facebook thing....some weeks I had 8-10 friends asking to me to be their "friend".....and I just couldn't bring myself to get caught up with it...but last night I jumped off the deep end signed up for Twitter. Twitter is s social network that is like a cross between texting and blogging. You basically answer the question, "What are you doing?" in a 140 characters or less... I have been asking around to some nieces, nephews and friends if they had heard of it, or did it....and several didn't. Everytime I have the t.v. on celebrities are talking about too....Ellen Degeneres, Jimmy Fallon, M.C. Hammer....to name a few. And I guess my son had heard me talking about it all week....so when I went to sign up I was alerted that someone in my address book was a follower....it was him!!!! hmmmm, I'm not so sure I'm going to allow it....we'll see how it goes. Anyway... I thought I would play around and give it a try. It's easy to get signed up and give yourself a little avatar and a profile. Then the first thing to do is to find some fun people to follow....I've started with some celebrities.....and this morning I even got a notification that Oprah was following me!!! With 1,873 other people!! A terrific blog I follow Bloggety Blog Blog has a little Twitter sidebar to follow her twitters.....I emailed her to ask her help in adding this widget, but I'm proud to say I figured it out all by myself!! The only problem I'm having so far is not being able to recieve updates on my Blackberry. After a little digging I'm finding out this is actually a Verizon problem...so while I'm out tomorrow I will be stopping at the Verizon store to see what they say......I haven't actually responded to anyone yet....... I'm just taking baby steps for now. But feel free to follow my Twitters! Join in.....the more the merrier!

2 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Oh, boy! I'm in "wait and see" about Twitter. I'm anxious to hear what you think.

Joy Beadworks said...

Oh the invitation has been received..I'm afraid I'll get dragged in to yet another time that I don't have user upper! But, it does sound enticing...