Saturday, February 21, 2009

my free day



I got a free day on Saturday!!! I knew a few days earlier that Chip would be taking the kiddos to the Outdoorsman Show at the Convention Center....well, it felt like Christmas morning when I woke up...but it's hard to not look too excited, I didn't want them to think I was kicking them out or anything...I just wanted some time alone during the day, at my own house!!...not in the middle of the night when everyone goes to bed ....so, I started my day out at the Y for a few classes, stopped to see Cindy Lou at karate and say goodbye to the boys...and started out on my beautiful day! I chatted with the gerberagirl on my day home. I lite my new coconut lime verbena candle, and had a snack while I posted on my blog. I tried desparately not to get sucked into the computer, but I did find a great new blog...a glimpse of London...now that my sister has a flat there it will be fun to check in on. I made Cindy Lou's bed and resisted every temptation to run the vacuum, dust and touch up the bathrooms as I made my way to the shower....after that, I noticed two bananas that looked like they could walk away. So, I got sidetracked making banana bread that I shouldn't have...I told myself it was for the kids.....but they don't like it! My intentions were to spend the whole day in my craft room getting re-acquainted with my desire for scrapbooking....but I started out by sewing big europillows for our new "family" room...then sewing a cloth book cover for my ebay notebook.....a tutorial will follow on that soon!.....and only then did I get down to my craft room...




But it was a mess!!!....so I got busy cleaning it up a bit...oh and by the way..I really would like to call it something other than my "craft room"....any suggestions?? So I got busy cleaning it up....



Well, in the midst of the cleaning I knew it was the beginning of the end about 2pm when Cindy Lou started texting me....and at 2:30 she called to say they were on their way home!! Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining...any free hours are a blessing but I was hoping for more than 4!! So I started hurrying....uploading pictures and finishing cleaning the craftroom at the same time.....




It turned out pretty good.........




I didn't get any scrapping done like I intended too.....but I am ready to go....hopefully a night or two this week.....and I know I didn't do anything fabulous...I got a lot done in just a few hours....it was such a treat for me!

2 comments:

Joy Beadworks said...

Cleaning and straightening is not always what you want to do, but sometimes it can clear your head, especially if you are the one benefiting.

Deanna said...

I love your craft room - maybe call it your creativity room or just "MY room". I call mine a sewing room, but not much sewing goes on there much lately. I moved my treadmill in there so I can call it now my exercise/craft room. Congrats on your free day. I made banana bread this weekend too - look for it on my blog soon!