Saturday, November 8, 2008

my new best friend



I'd like you to meet my new best friend Pat Catan!!!....I'm still friends with Joanne and Michael :)....(I didn't realize all craft stores have real peoples names!!!) ...but Pat has become my BEST friend!!!.......I had never been to Pat Catan's and if you haven't either you haven't lived yet!!....I heard about her at a crop last Sunday...a girl had the cutest Christmas paper from here....so I recruited my scrapbooking mentor and we took off on a field trip....I think the term OMG is very abused........but it was all that was going through my mind!....I couldn't breathe right and I was shakey.....I felt like I had entered a universe created all for me!!!



I walked in the front door and looked to the left and this is what I saw....my friend and I took off and started exploring....the smiles beaming on our faces as we crossed paths in the different aisles said it all!!!



I just couldn't get over the variety and quantitiy.....if there is anything left on this earth related to crafts it is in here!!!!.......jennifer juniper there were 4 aisles of wood crafting items....boxes, frames, letters ...EVERYTHING!!!!....3 or 4 aisles of that brown paper mache type stuff too.....see the picture above.....



....baskets anyone????.......these look JUST like the Longaberger ones!...only a fraction of the price.....every aisle and section I explored had my head swimming with ideas....I was writing notes and throwing things in my cart like crazy!!!.... I didn't want the day to end!....but after almost 3 hours of exploring.....I even checked out the wedding and baby shower sections!!??....it was time to check out....I had a feeling of fear....like I had missed some very important things and that I didn't know when the next time was that I would be back.....so I just need to say, "fellow crafters, UNITE"!!!!.....this is a definate field trip destination....a treat to ourselves......so, until next time Pat...I won't forget you!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

You never mentioned where this store is...it looks awesome!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Did you go to the one in McKees Rocks? I haven't been there in years! I used to go there all the time when I had a Sweet peas-like booth in West View many moons ago. It really is a gold mine! Um, joshua is freaking me out...