Tuesday, October 14, 2008

she's here!!!!!


A while ago I wrote a post about the dilemma of getting a new camera.....there were highs and lows....I did my homework, I checked consumer reports, went to Best Buy, Costco and Ritz.....talked to everyone I knew........went on ebay a zillion times.......I finally settled on the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18.....she was the one for me!!!......I found the perfect one on ebay and went to Giant Eagle and got paypal gift cards.....because of course I was going to get the fuelperks for this baby.....and got busy bidding on my camera.....I felt very anxious...was I making the right choice???...well I got outbid in the last 30 seconds and I just looked at the screen and thought....it's okay....it wasn't meant to be......well, it wasn't!......because the VERY next day I was at my son's football game and a family that I always sit with was there, and Dave stood up to take a picture and I couldn't believe my eyes!!!......he had the camera I wanted!!!!....I freaked!!.......well, I didn't know that they had just come out with a brand new model with significant upgrades!....the DMC-FZ28.....he said down and showed me whole camera inside and out..I hugged him!..he obviously read the book a few times...and I could see THIS is the one I really wanted......I couldn't believe I missed out just hours earlier on the old model!!!.........and a big misgiving I had about getting a new camera was that I would be losing the gerberagirl as my tech support girl!!!.....but now I have Dave!!!......perfect!!!!...he doesn't know it yet.....but I promise not to be too painful!! :)......she arrived late yesterday afternoon and I got the battery charged and too late last night I started to play around...I got the date set and that's about it!........as with every camera and cell phone I get I truly want to know how to do everything with it...and I have a delusion that I really will....but it usually turns out that I just scratch the surface.....and that's fine.......it's enough for me!.....this is the biggest treat I've had since I got my laptop for Mother's Day and brownie pans from my Dad!!!!.......and just in time for the last few football games of the season and our trip to Florida at Thanksgiving.....oh, and gerberagirl, I'll let you know how it goes....you may want this one!:)

1 comment:

GerberaGirl said...

It looks so much like the Kodak!! If you love it, I would love a new camera..keep me posted!!!