Monday, October 20, 2008

a fall dinner



The occasion was my niece and nephew home from college on their fall breaks......pretty mums and my smiling sister in law greeted us at the door...candles were lighted....football was on t.v......the pork, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes were delicious......but it was before and after the meal that was wonderful!!!!.....you may recoginze the brie baker I got at Shakerwoods.....I didn't think I'd be able to try it out so soon.....I'm thrilled!!....it was delicious....just put the 8 oz. wheel of brie in it ....pour about a 1/4 cup of caramel sauce over it and top with chopped pecans....we baked it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes and served it with wine and a baquette......




......and the apple pie my niece baked was as scrumptious as it was gorgeous!!!.....she made these little itty bitty cinnamon rolls to put on top.....the whole evening was a much needed treat!!!...thanks again!

2 comments:

Judy@cutest-little-things.blogspot.com said...

That pie looks sensational! All of the food does!

Cute blog! You must live out my way somewhere in western PA from your entries!

GerberaGirl said...

Pam, sooo love the brie idea!!! Where in B-lo can I get the warmer??