Friday, October 10, 2008

applesauce



This recipe is so wonderful and easy...I got it from my dear friend next door.....she is one of the most fabulous cooks I know!....actually last year her sister from New York and I called on the exact same day to refresh ourselves on the process...these are the peeled apples...you peel and core a dozen Fugi apples....



....then you put them in the crockpot with a 1/2 cup of brown sugar, sprinkle with cinnamon and add a little bit of lemon juice.....you cook them for about 6-8 hours on low in the crockpot and mash them when they are done........




It is just scrumptious!!!!!...a wonderful treat anytime!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

You definitely can't eat the applesauce from the grocery store! Applesauce is so easy - and it freezes wonderfully so you can have it anytime! Thanks for giving the crock-pot method. I'm always looking for ways to use my crockpot!

GerberaGirl said...

Great recipe as always....thank you for sharing.