Wednesday, October 15, 2008

almost famous chili


I know it isn't chilly enough to be making chili....but I'm sick of waiting...so I made my first batch of the season today.....this is my own recipe and I'm so happy I wrote it down as I was making it last year....I've tried a ton of recipes over the years and this one is just right!!!....maybe I should do one of those chili cookoffs someday????....anyway.....here it is....a wonderful treat for a chilly...or not so chilly day :)
1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 medium onion - diced
2-3 stalks celery - diced
2 cans chili beans
2 cans chili ready tomatoes
packet of chili seasoning
1 jar Tostitos picante sauce
1 large sweet potato - peeled and diced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn - I just use frozen
Brown the hamburger with the celery and onion. Put in crockpot with the chili beans, chili ready tomatoes, seasoning, picante sauce, sweet potatoe, brown sugar and corn....and one jar full of water...cook on low all day or on high for 4-5 hours.....garnish with shredded cheese and Fritos.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Sweet potatoes in chili! Thanks for the great idea!