Wednesday, September 24, 2008

making up for lost time



I can honestly say that until a few months ago I hardly ever bought ice cream.....it very rarely appealed to me except when I was pregnant with my first child.....if we were going to have ice cream we went out for a cone or sundae....I bought it for a few birthday parties, but I hate when it touches the cake and gets soupy.....so I quit offering it because I didn't like it...????...but something happened.......I started buying it for my family......and then one day I bought a half gallon of Turkey Hill Chocolate Peanut Butter.........I dug in and haven't stopped!!....I even had to buy an ice cream scoop because I was using a spoon and it wasn't working......I found this "shovel" and it's marvelous!!!.....I was getting this heaven-on-earth flavor at Superwalmart.....well, they stopped carrying it so I had to make a special trip to Giant Eagle...buying several at a time so I wouldn't run out....and watch out if any of my family had some......it's just for me!!!...luckily Walmart has it back....you can almost get 2 for the price of one!!......my own little treat after everyone goes to bed!.....good thing I go to the Y so much!!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

We always keep Costco Premium Vanilla stocked at our house, but I ran out yesterday and the kids were stunned - "how could you not have any ice cream (to go with our apple pie and pumpkin pie)!" I sure wish I had some of that chocolate PB right now to end this longest day ever!