Sunday, June 1, 2008

cupcakes




I'm not actually sure when or where it started....but I'm obsessed with cupcakes!!!!.......My whole life I've been know as the girl who loves "hearts"....but at some point they've been overtaken by cupcakes!......there was a huge cupcake cake pan at Target several weeks ago...one half is the bottom of the cupcake and the other is the top, after you bake it you pop them both out and put them together for a giant cupcake......and as I himmed and hawed over the $27.99 price tag, it went on clearance and was gone!!!...I called every Target in the tri-state area and no luck...so I snagged one on ebay....I found an adorable pair of cupcake earrings with rhinestones at Claire's not too long ago while my daughter was in there finding some treasures for herself....my mom in Florida sent a whole cookbook of the prettiest little cupcakes for my birthday, not even knowing of my newest craze!!!.....and likewise with my dearest friend from my USAirway days......she send me the most adorable card, with you guessed, a tiny little cupcake on the front.........I'll have to bring her up to speed when we get together for our next girlfest!!!.....so when my birthday was approaching a few days ago.....the only wish I had was to visit an exclusive cupcake shop in the city called "Dozen".......I made my first trip there over a year ago with my daughter and friend and vowed I would be back!!....they have different flavors daily...but chocolate and vanilla are always available........they are truly scrumptious!!!!........what a wonderful way to spend my day!!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Happy Birthday! Awesome-looking cupcake...my mouth is watering!

Joy Beadworks said...

Happy Birthday! I have lots of cup cake haunts! We have to talk!